The coir rolls and pallets both offer great tolerance to fluctuating water levels, flow induced shear stress and grazing by wildfowl, when protected by our weld mesh bird deterrents. These coir products constitute cost-effective organic alternatives to hard revetments.
At Water-Lines Solutions, we plant and fully establish coir rolls and pallets in our Wetland Nursery which holds over 10,000 square metres of pre-established stock at any one time. We can also grow to order with any suitable mix of native wetland plants or local provenance seed collection can be organised for planting. Special orders have a lead time of 12-16 weeks in the growing season (March-September).
The benefits of using our pre-established coir rolls/pallets are:
- Ensuring both adequate root ball size and plant spacing
- Ensuring the rapid binding of the roots system to the soil making an effective erosion control system
- Instant vegetation which blends immediately with the local biodiversity
- Easy handling and transport which enables us to deliver the products whenever and wherever the customer requires them
- Flexible approach to fill clients’ needs from sourcing local provenance seeds and plants to specific planting mix
- Competitive prices and follow up service comparable to none
Dry roll options
We keep a small stock of dry coir rolls / pallets (non-established) if you would prefer.